Epoxy resin has a multitude of positive properties, which means that it offers such a wide range of applications like hardly any other material. It is suitable for the shower at home as well as for sealing industrial floors or coating three-dimensional elements in terrariums. Epoxy resin is also enjoying increasing popularity for floor epoxy in sports halls due to its positive properties.
An overview of the positive properties of an epoxy resin floor coating :
- Abrasion resistance and increased degree of hardness
- Resistant to acids, alcohol, mineral oil, gasoline and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Cracks rarely occur
- Well suited for electrical insulation, leakage current resistant
- Difficult to ignite
- Very little shrinkage during the drying time
- Particularly precise dimensions
- Increased adhesion strength
- Resistance to UV rays after using a special clear varnish
- Heat form is particularly stable
- Increased tightness of about 1.2 grams per cubic centimeter
- In some cases optimal thermal properties at up to 250 degrees Celsius
The positive properties can be further enhanced with a variety of options. For example, you can embed glass fiber fabric in the liquid resin and thus additionally increase the strength of the cured epoxy. Ideally, the epoxy resin in the floor coating has a strength similar to that of steel. However, it has a significantly lower weight in comparison and is also free of any corrosion.
Epoxy resin floor coatings are suitable for the following applications:
- In the living room, noble floors can be made with epoxy resin, which have a concrete effect, they can be matt or glossy and offer a variety of design options
- Epoxy resin is particularly suitable for floors in the kitchen because of its high resistance
- Floors in the bathroom also benefit from their resilience and water resistance
- The synthetic resin is also suitable for shower trays due to its water resistance
- Epoxy resin floors look beautiful in winter gardens and are also easy to care for
- Basement floors can either be poured with epoxy resin or painted with epoxy resin paint
Floor coatings made of epoxy resin have many advantages, but working with epoxy resin is also associated with some negative aspects. However, the positive properties of the synthetic resin outweigh the negative aspects.