Data center is the place where the data of various sources are stored through classification of levels. There are specific kinds of data center infrastructure that is used in a consistent way. Data center tiers are the classification of levels used within the storage space through complexity and redundancy that is being used. This tier system is used to describe the data center infrastructure in proper way. Each tier includes different technical level of protection to store data.
As datacenter tiers are the efficient way to describe the data infrastructure. This is mostly used with the business data center and every tier has the various levels of needs. Thus tier 4 is more complex and tier 1 has the simplest infrastructure. Likewise each tier has different design. Here is the short description about tier in data center. This will help you to choose a tier that is suitable to you.
- Tier 1 – Tier 1 data center has single way power and cooling for redundant and backup components. The uptime of this tier is 99.67% and downtime takes around 28.8 hours annually.
- Tier 2 – Tier 2 data center too have one path for power and cooling along with redundant and backup components. Thus expected uptime is 99.741% and downtime of 22 hours annually.
- Tier 3 – This tier has multiple paths for power and cooling where the system is in the place to update and maintain being online. This not needed to take offline for updating. The expected uptime is 99.982% along with 1.6 hours of downtime annually.
- Tier 4 – It is built to completely fault tolerant the redundancy with every component. The expected uptime is 99.995% with annual downtime around 26.3 minutes.
Suitable tier classification for business
As there are various tier classifications, finding right kind of data center tier is based on the technology and resource available. Here is the classification of tiers that is suitable for organizations.
- It is suitable for small business which has internal business process.
- For companies that holds web presence as a passive marketing tool.
- For online startup companies with quality service.
- For small business that has been limited to normal business hours
- For commercial research and development companies like software and real time service delivery obligations
- Online based companies with serious financial penalties along with quality commitments
- Company that works 24×7 and has help desks
- Companies that has automated business processes that are manageable in system shutdown
- Companies that have online presence every day in the year and have help desks that are scheduled to short periods
- Businesses that works based on e-commerce market transactions and financial settlement processing.